The Facts About Advertising Mail
- Advertising mail is critical for small businesses. More than 300,000 American small businesses rely on advertising mail to reach consumers in their neighborhood. These are your local mom and pop shops, your neighborhood florist, and the small coffee shop on the corner. Advertising mail is the most affordable, effective advertising tool for these small businesses.
- Advertising mail spurs economic growth. Last year, advertising mail contributed more than $702 billion in increased sales to the U.S. economy.
- Advertising mail creates jobs. More than 3.5 million Americans have jobs that directly or indirectly depend on advertising mail.
- Advertising mail is effective. More than 8 out of 10 households read or scan the advertising mail they receive.
- Advertising mail is convenient. Individuals can look through their advertising mail at their leisure.
- Advertising mail is environmentally responsible. Nearly all paper used for advertising mail is generated from sustainably managed forests where trees are planted, harvested and then re-planted. In fact, the forestry industry plants more than 4 million new trees each day - that’s more than 1.4 billion trees every year.
- Advertising mail is recyclable. According to the EPA, annual recycling rates for advertising mail have increased seven-fold since 1990, and those rates continue to climb.
updated: Tuesday, January 5, 2010 4:32 PM